Datapoint: Medicaid Expansion Underway in North Carolina

Since North Carolina implemented Medicaid expansion under the Affordable Care Act on Dec. 1, 2023, more than 314,000 state residents have gained access to Medicaid as of Jan. 12, according to an enrollment update from the NC Dept. of Health and Human Services (NCDHHS). Approximately 273,000 of those beneficiaries were automatically enrolled after qualifying for Family Planning Medicaid, while another 41,000 signed up for coverage on their own. Moreover, about 25% of new enrollees reside in rural counties, while the other 75% live in urban areas, according to state data. North Carolina currently serves 2,326,474 Medicaid beneficiaries, according to the latest update to AIS’s Directory of Health Plans.

Source: AIS’s Directory of Health Plans

0 Comments
© 2024 MMIT
AIS Health Staff

AIS Health Staff

Related Posts

businessman-using-laptop-computer-and-digital-tablet-analyzing-sales-data-and-graph-chart
June 20

Datapoint: Ipsen’s Latest Accelerated Approval Will Challenge Intercept’s Ocaliva

Read More
businessman-using-laptop-computer-and-digital-tablet-analyzing-sales-data-and-graph-chart
June 18

Datapoint: Texas Won’t Halt Latest Medicaid Awards

Read More
businessman-using-laptop-computer-and-digital-tablet-analyzing-sales-data-and-graph-chart
June 17

Datapoint: Oscar Plans to Double Enrollment by 2027

Read More

GAIN THERAPEUTIC AREA-SPECIFIC INTEL TO DRIVE ACCESS FOR YOUR BRAND

Sign up for publications to get unmatched business intelligence delivered to your inbox.

subscribe today